- Just after Christmas, my mom and I visited Paris for a few days. Travel posts coming soon!
- I’m not one for resolutions, but I’m always trying to eat healthier. I will usually eat brown rice, but last week I went for white rice with tuna, bits of nori and a few slices of cucumber for lunch. It was quite delicioso!
- This little plant is indestructible! A few months back, it seemed as though it had finally gone to the “other side”. Now, it’s mooching off of one of my succulents. Some seeds must have been left in the soil when I “recycled” it for repotting the succulent plant.
- Inside the Basilica of the Sacré Cœur, Paris. We weren’t allowed to use any camera-devices inside, so I snapped a quick little shot with my phone.
- Magical sunset at my grandparents’ place. My grandparents recently moved back from Zaandam to Ouderkerk aan de Amstel, where they used to live. This means I see them much more often now, since it’s really close to Amsterdam!
- Another very simple, but healthy and supertasty lunch!
- December brought us a couple of relatively mild and sunny days here in the Netherlands. The evening light would often make the world appear a bit more radiant (that building usually has a boring beige hue).
- I recently blogged about a dream of mine to do more with my photography and created a Society6 account a while ago. I decided to try and order a tote bag for myself and I am very happy with the way it turned out. Unfortunately, I am far from satisfied with the shipping process to countries outside of the US, so I’m currently looking for alternative options.
- A few weeks ago, one of my best buddies Tess turned 20. For her birthday we decided to put some money together so she could get her first tattoo! She had wanted to get this specific tattoo for years, so I’m glad she could finally do it.
- Amsterdam in December is quite a sight. I went into town to look for a winter coat and instagrammed the Christmas lights.
- During the first few weeks of January, when days are still extremely short, the moon kept showing up way ahead of schedule at about three in the afternoon.
- Without having finished the other scarf I’ve been working on, I started knitting a new one! This one’s almost finished.
Follow my Instagram here.
5 thoughts on “Life Lately: Snapshots from December 2013 and January 2014”
Hi Roselinde…, as always, your pictures are of interesting places and things. The “little plant” appears to be some type of shamrock plant. Do you live near Amsterdam or Rotterdam? My mother’s family immigrated to the US from the village of Kloosterburen, north of Gronigen. I’ve always wondered what it was like. My great, great, great grandfather was a postman in Gronigen. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos.
Thanks! Yes I think it is a type of shamrock, I live near Amsterdam now. So you have Dutch heritage! It’s always nice to do some genealogical research I think! I haven’t been to Groningen much though, but I know there’s some great areas there 🙂
Reblogged this on breakfromoffice.
Yay for number 9! 🙂
heheh ooh yeah!